Faith Formation Office. 319-233-0498.
Pam Johnston. 319-234-8394. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Cushing. 319-610-8257. email: email@example.com
Jenny Schmitz. 319-232-6933. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, Sept. 28. 1:00pm. Scallon Hall, Queen of Peace Parish.
Monday, Sept. 29. 6:30pm. Parish Center, Blessed Sacrament Parish.
Tuesday, Sept. 30. 6:30pm. Parish Center, Blessed Sacrament Parish.
• If you could not attend one of the parent meetings, contact Pam Johnston or Dave Cushing.
• Download a copy of the Enrollment Form here. English Spanish
• Download copies of the Parent Meeting handouts here.
Tuesday, December 2. 6:30pm at St. Edward Church
Saturday, December 6. 10:00am at Sacred Heart Church
Sunday, December 7. 2:00pm at Blessed Sacrament Church.
• Click here to find out when your family is scheduled for First Reconciliation.
• If you need to change the date you chose, contact Jenny Schmitz.
Parents are responsible for their child's immediate preparation for First Communion. Use the lesson plans in the Together magazine to help conduct the weekly lesson in the student workbook.
Here are the dates families should be working on the various chapters and returning the student book to the classroom:
Week of October 8. Chapter 1. God Calls Us Friends.
Return to school Oct. 13. Return to Religious Ed Oct. 15.
Week of October 15. Chapter 2. Jesus Saves Us.
Return to School Oct. 20. Return to Religious Ed Oct. 22.
Week of October 29. Chapter 3. Jesus Forgives Us.
Return to School Nov. 3. Return to Religious Ed Nov. 5.
Week of November 5. Chapter 4. Jesus Heals Us.
Return to School Nov. 10. Return to Religious Ed Nov. 12.
Week of November 12. Chapter 5. The Holy Spirit Guides Us.
Return to School Nov. 17. Return to Religious Ed Nov. 19.
Week of November 19. Chapter 6. God Is Always With Us.
Return to School Nov. 24. Return to Religious Ed Nov. 26.
Week of November 26. Review the book and Act of Contrition.
• If your child is enrolled in a Catholic school, they should bring their book to school on Monday.
• If your child is enrolled in a parish religious education program, they should bring their book to class on Wednesday.
• If you have questions or concerns about the home lessons, contact Pam Johnston or Dave Cushing.
Tuesday, November 25. 6:30-7:30pm in Putz Hall (rectory basement) at Blessed Sacrament Parish.
We will meet with children enrolled in the Summer Religious Education program to review the Sacrament of Reconciliation and practice how to go to confession at this time. Students currently enrolled in a Catholic School or Wednesday evening Religious Education will practice with their classes in school or on Wednesday evening.
• If your child cannot attend this meeting, contact Pam Johnston or Dave Cushing.
Children must be at least 7 years old and be baptized Catholics. As a general rule, children should have been enrolled in a Catholic school or religious education program for the equivalent of one year.
At least one parent or guardian must be a practicing Catholic who is registered in one of the Waterloo parishes. Parents should be providing a nurturing environment for Catholic faith and values and should be actively participating in their child's faith formation.
• If your child is not baptized, contact Dave Cushing or Pam Johnston to make arrangements for baptism.
• If your child was not baptized in one of the Waterloo parishes, you will need to provide a copy of the child's Baptism Certificate. If you need help contacting the parish where your child was baptized, contact Pam Johnston or Dave Cushing.
Your opinions and suggestions are important to us. Please take a moment to evaluate this year's preparation for First Reconciliation.
• Click here to complete the evaluation online.
• • •