Lectio Divina is a traditional form of "holy reading." This process for Daily Lectio is adapted for individuals living busy lives in the modern world.
1. Read today's Scripture passage slowly and thoughtfully several times.
2. Notice any word, phrase, image or idea that seems especially important to you.
3. After each reading, pause to ask yourself: What is the Gospel saying to me today?
4. Sit quietly for five minutes; notice any thoughts or ideas which come to you because of this reading.
5. Think about this reading and the words or phrases you noticed whenever you have some free time throughout the day; ask yourself, How should I be responding to today’s reading?
6. Recall today's reading before you retire this evening; ask yourself, How did I respond to today’s reading?
7. Express your response in a spontaneous prayer, or pray the Lord's Prayer.
(If there is more than one person in your household praying Daily Lectio, share your thoughts and insights with one another at the evening meal or before retiring.)
8. Feel free to share your thoughts and insights at any time throughout the day by leaving a comment on our Facebook page.
Click here for today's Daily Lectio on our Facebook page.
• • •
Click here to learn more about Lectio Divina