Use these Scripture passages during your preparation for Reconciliation to reflect on God's love and mercy.
- Deuteronomy 6:3-9—Love the Lord your God with your whole heart.
- Sirach 28:1-7—Forgive your neighbor when he hurts you, and then your sins will be forgiven when you pray.
- Isaiah 55:1-11—Let the wicked man forsake his way and return to the Lord, and he will have mercy on him because he is generous in forgiving.
- Jeremiah 7:21-26—Listen to my voice, and I will be your God, and you will be my people.
- Ezekiel 18:20-32—If a wicked man turns away from his sins, he shall live and not die.
- Hosea 14:2-10—Israel, return to the Lord your God.
- Joel 2:12-19—Return to me with your whole heart.
- Micah 6:1-4, 4-6—Do right and love mercy, and walk humbly with your God.
- Psalm 25—R. (16a): Turn to me, Lord, and have mercy.
- Psalm 51— R. (14a): Give back to me the joy of your salvation.
- Psalm 95—R. (8a): If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
- Psalm 130—R. (7bc): With the Lord there is mercy, and fullness of redemption.
- Matthew 3:1-12—Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is close at hand.
- Luke 19:1-10—The Son of Man has come to seek out and save what was lost.
- John 8:1-11—Go and sin no more.
- Romans 6:16-23—The wages of sin is death; the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17-21—God reconciled the world to himself through Christ.
- Ephesians 5:1-14—You were once in darkness; now you are light in the Lord, so walk as children of light.
- 1 John 1:5-10, 2:1-2—If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all injustice.
• • •